Provide administrative and project management support to the Compliance & Legal Department, primarily supporting the compliance function of the department. The Administrative Specialist will work under the direction of the Director of Compliance Programs and Education. Responsible for managing compliance training and CEP America Compliance & Ethics Committee meeting administration.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Compliance Training (60%)
- Prepare and disseminate communications staff directing workforce members to complete required compliance trainings
- Via new learning management system (LMS), ensure that compliance training programs (both internal and external information) are accurately implemented by role, and that records are complete.
- Maintain and monitor training requirements for each workforce member role.
- Coordinate with interdepartmental LMS team to improve and refine LMS usability and efficiency, including the development of notifications, system instruction materials, and reporting capabilities.
- Coordination with MA departments to clarify and update provider/employee statuses.
- Communicate and respond to inquiries from client sites and workforce regarding training requirements and status, and regarding how to use the LMS.
- Manage CEP America fine notification and processing for tardy learners.
- Prepare training summary reports and summarize key highlights and issues for compliance committees, Director, management, and as requested by client sites or regulatory enforcement.
- Track and renew CME requirements for compliance training to ensure continued accreditation.
- Develop course content in content authoring tool with Director and Compliance Manager.
Compliance Committee Support (20%)
- Coordinate meeting logistics for in-person and phone meetings.
- Assist with agenda preparation and development of compliance reports and materials for committees.
- Coordinate, assemble, and distribute meeting materials/packet information.
- Prepare meeting minutes.
- Distribute and track action items to ensure completion.
Compliance Program Support and Special Projects (20%)
- Assist with the development and maintenance of policies and procedures for the general operations of the Compliance Program.
- Assist Compliance Manager with case management and reporting via new case management system.
- Provide administrative support to the Legal & Compliance Department such as expense reports, calendar/meeting management, travel, etc.
- Assist with any special requests or projects as directed.
- Minimum of 2 years of administrative support experience OR four-year college degree or equivalent.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to proofread own work and others.
- Ability to understand and execute complex verbal and written instructions.
- Demonstrated ability to handle detailed work accurately and quickly.
- Ability to use good judgement to resolve problems and make recommendations.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated interest in career in one of the following: healthcare compliance, law, healthcare administration, project management, or education and learning.
To state the obvious, because we’re awesome! Additionally, MedAmerica is one of the leading healthcare practice management organizations in the United States. Since 1975, we have successfully managed hospital-based physician group practices across the Acute Care Continuum, with expertise in emergency medicine, hospital medicine, ambulatory & urgent care, and other acute care specialties and we’re still growing!
We offer employees the opportunity to help positively impact the healthcare industry.
- A Culture of Caring: We truly have an amazing culture where people not only like working together but we care about one another personally and professionally. Everybody matters at MedAmerica! We’re a mid-sized, family oriented company who has been voted a “Best Place to Work in the Bay Area” for 9 years. We foster an environment that includes fun staff activities, health and wellness programs, peer and management directed employee recognition programs, and so much more. After years of working for MedAmerica, our employees still say with enthusiasm, “I love this place!” We know you will too.
- Competitive benefits package: Complimentary fitness center, multiple health plan options or reimbursement for non-coverage, exceptional 401k plan (that includes a very generous company match), 3 weeks paid vacation, tuition reimbursement policy, Long-term disability and life insurance, and more.
- Location, Location, Location: We are located in the Emeryville Watergate business park overlooking the San Francisco Bay. We are just minutes away from San Francisco and Oakland.
Your Life. Your Career. Your Success. Apply Today!
MedAmerica is an Equal Opportunity Employer.